MA 900 - Designed & Engineered in Germany
The combination of tube and transistor technology has a long tradition at Magnat. After all, it combines an optimum sound with an impressive performance. The MA 900 is no different. It scores highly with its impressive technical values, extensive configuration and optimum workmanship, as well as its minimalist design.
Full-power performance - 200 watts x 2 While the selected and burned-in ECC 81 high-end tubes take care of amplifying the fine input signals and generate the inimitable tube sound, the power transistors ensure a solid continuous output of 200 watts of sine power per channel. The pulse power produced is an impressive 320 watts.
5 analogue low-level inputs and a 3.5 mm jack input at the front of the unit, as well as 4 digital inputs and a phono input for MM and MC systems, all guarantee connectivity for even the most extensive AV systems. Tablets, smartphones and computers can also be connected via Bluetooth with optimum sound quality thanks to the aptX HD standard.
The combination of melodious tubes in the preamplifier unit together with powerful transistors turns the MA 900 into a hybrid amplifier; a product category that is rare but has a long tradition at Magnat. The tubes, which have already been burned-in for a perfect sound, are selected prior to assembly to ensure that a pair with perfectly compatible values is used.
All of this is packed in a sturdy metal housing with a front panel and operating elements that are made of solid aluminum. Every touch is a pleasure. In addition, the unique concept of the MA 900 is visually emphasized by the individually selected designations lighting up in the clear dual line display on one side of the unit when selecting the input, and the tubes emitting their soft glow on the other. Of course, all of this can also be controlled with the system remote control that is supplied.
- Bluetooth streaming (5.0) with the high-end audio standard Qualcomm aptX
- Supported sampling frequencies: 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz
- Supported bit depth: 16/24bits
- 1. optical (Toslink)
- 2. coaxial (cinch)
- Discrete Class A/B power amplifier
- Power output: 200 watts of sine power per channel at 4 ohms and 2 x 320 watts of maximum pulse power
- Elaborate mains adapter with separately stabilised supply voltage for the individual circuits
- High-capacity filter/electrolytic capacitors
- Shielded toroidal transformer
- Standby power supply for low power consumption in standby mode < 0,5 watts
- Solid aluminium controls
- Speaker terminal with solid, insulated screw terminals that are capable of accommodating large cable cross-sections
- Stable feet with damping rubber insert
- Mono switch (for analog sources)
- Record Out fixed level output
- Headphone output with high-quality 6.3 mm jack socket
- Readable, two-line clear text display with adjustable brightness (3 stages)
- System remote control for all functions
- Low-noise tube preamplifier with 2 x ECC 81 tubes
- Preselected and burned-in tubes
- MM and MC phono preamplifier with ultra-low noise operational amplifiers from Texas Instruments incl. subsonic filter
- Five analogue low-level inputs
- Additional 3.5 mm audio input on the front panel for connecting portable devices
- Digital inputs (2 x optical and 2 x coaxial) for sampling frequencies up to 192kHz/24bits
- Bluetooth input (5.0) supports the high-end audio standard Qualcomm aptXHD
- Cyrrus Logic digital-to-analogue converter
- SOURCE GAIN function allows the volume to be adjusted by +/- 6dB for every source
- SOURCE RENAME function allows you to freely specify the names of individual sources (14 digits)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE Subsonic Filter: 16Hz, 18 dB/Oct. hono: 20 Hz – 20 kHz (+/-0,3 dB)
- DIGITAL INPUTS Supported sampling frequencies: 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz Supported bit depth: 16/24bits 1. optical (Toslink) 2. coaxial (cinch)
- BLUETOOTH INPUT Bluetooth streaming (5.0) with the high-end audio standard Qualcomm aptX
- WEIGHT 11.7 kg