Linear - Made in Germany (Special Order Only)
A high quality headphone amplifier is as important for listening to music with a pair of headphones as are stable power amplifiers for the loud-speakers of your stereo setup. Dynamic headphones are far more different than most people realize. For the same sound pressure level the power needed with different headphone models can vary up to a factor of about 500! Impedances can be different to a factor of more than 20!
This is the reason why different headphone models have very individual requirements to the headphone amplifier driving them in terms of voltage and current. Everybody who once has connected a high quality headphone to any given standard headphone output knows about this problem.
With the launch of the Linear there is now a high end headphone amplifier to realize even the highest demands to reference quality headphone music reproduction.
The selectable gain (0dB, 10dB, 20dB) of the Linear effectively optimizes the output level of the zero global feedback Class A output stage. Practically all high quality dynamic headphones available will show their best possible performance, no matter if you have an easy to drive low impedance pair of headphones or an ineffective pair of 600 Ohms studio cans.
Carefully selected top notch components and a highly sophisticated circuit design guarantee top notch listening pleasure. Now you can hear that ultra transparent sound and the explosive dynamics formerly known only from electrostatic headphones. An over dimensioned power supply with a huge magnetically and statically shielded toroidal transformer is included internally allowing a power cable of your choice to be directly connected to the unit.
For stereo setups with just one source like a CD player or a turntable with a phono stage the Linear is the simplest and most effective active preamp one can think of. All audio connectors including the two Neutrik phone jacks come with gold plated contacts. No external Y-adapter is needed!
The faceplate and the massive milled aluminium knob for the smooth running 27 mm ALPS high grade volume control are available in anodized black or silver.
- Discrete Zero Global Feedback output stage with high quiescent current ready to drive most headphones or long cable runs
- Audiophile voltage amplifier stage
- Only MKP caps in the signal path for perfect transient response and ambience reproduction
- Gain jumper selectable 6dB/20dB
- Hand selected potentiometer with very good channel tracking
- Double sided audio board
- External AC power supply
- Ultra fast rectifying diodes
- Low ESR electrolytic caps
- Low-noise, regulated power supply
- Gold plated RCA connectors
- Original Neutrik headphone jack with gold plated contacts
- Faceplate and knob available in black, chrome and silver
- Input Impedance: 47kΩ
- Maximum Gain:0dB
- 20dB (Switchable)
- Frequency Response: 10Hz (-0.3dB) to 35kHz (-1dB)
- Signal-to-Noise:>95dB at 0dB Gain
- THD: <0.001% at 6mW (300Ω)
- Channel Separation: >70dB / 10kHz
- Output Power: 400 mW (60Ω)
- 200 mW (300Ω)
- Output Impedance: Line-Out: 60Ω
- Phones-Out: 5Ω
- Power Consumption: 10W
- Connectors (Audio): Neutrik Phone Jacks (6.35mm)
- 1x Parallel to Line-Out
- 1x Line-Out Muting
- Gold-Plated Connectors With Teflon Isolation
- Dimensions: 110 x 280 x 50mm